1

Sri Lanka Castlereigh Reservoir, Dikoya


Sri Lanka
Sri,Lanka,Castlereigh,Reservoir,Dikoya

Castlereigh Reservoir, Dikoya


I couldn't possible live with myself if I didn't include a stay at Castlereigh Family Cottages in my list of best kept secrets. Not that I want to fight the crowds to visit, but they do such a wonderful job they deserve my unabashed fawning. Two small cabins sit in the middle of a working tea plantation, right on the reservoir, with amazingly large porches where you can while away a relaxing day soaking in the scenery. One cabin can sleep four while the larger one sleeps up to ten wanderers. Add the genuine, friendly staff that wait on you hand and foot, delicious BBQs and the incredibly cheap prices and I wonder why I ever left. Most visitors to Sri Lanka head up to the large tea plantation areas, but Dikoya delivers on scenery, tea trail hiking and is close to Adam's Peak, Sri Lanka's best known pilgrimage.
Previous
Next Post »
Comments
0 Comments