1

Know a travel secret about China


China


Chengdu, Sichuan 




OK, so maybe it's not a big secret. After all it's a major gateway to Tibet and the place to go if you want to interact with pandas. But aside from those things, Chengdu also offers beautiful temples and lively neighbourhoods. The Wenshu Temple dates back to the Tang Dynasty and is Chengdu's largest and best preserved Buddhist temple. But if you're an early riser and looking for a relaxing way to spend your morning, then this is the place to go. The grounds are vast and utterly breathtaking. I'm always amazed at how peaceful temple grounds are -- especially when they're in the middle of a large city like Chengdu. The best part is relaxing near the temple or writing in your travel journal while monks chant in the background.

Kaifeng 



Popular tourist attractions come with high expectations. The more I travel, the more I realize how exquisite the smaller, less discovered places are. Kaifeng, China was a place where I had no expectations. It was also a place that blew me away. It was here that I discovered Chinese Jews, people of Jewish descent living in China, and their fascinating history and community. It was also here that I realized this: the beauty of traveling through China is that sometimes I feel like I'm in two places at once - the past and the present


Previous
Next Post »
Comments
0 Comments